The sport community faces several risks that threaten its integrity.
To face them, a collaborative partnership of 7 EU public and private organisations, following a participatory approach involving all concerned stakeholders, proposes a specific response: the Ethics4Sports (E4S) project.
The partnership covers Spain, Italy, Germany, France and the United Kingdom.
The main objective of E4S is to develop innovative mechanisms to promote ethics in grassroots sports and ensure its effective enforcement, by enhancing the capacities and skills of sporting bodies and allowing them to give more efficient responses to risks threatening the integrity of sport.In order to achieve the general objective of the project, PPs will pursue the fulfilment of the following specific objectives:
- develop and/or improve new Codes of Ethics for sporting bodies to spread ethical values in sport, following an inclusive and cross-cutting approach;
- develop a set of verifiable indicators to facilitate the monitoring and evaluation of the Codes of Ethics’ enforcement;
- effectively enforce the Codes of Ethics developed and make the most of new technologies (through the so-called “Ethics App”) to fulfil this aim, by conducting pilot tests;
- test, monitor and evaluate the enforcement of the Code of Ethics, hence gathering lessons learned for replicability around Europe;
- set-up a public-private network of institutions aiming to cooperate in the field of ethics in sport and identifying new members to be engaged in the future and enrich the alliances